R1,100.00 Unit Price
Soweto, Joburg & Apartheid Tour
The Soweto, Joburg, & Apartheid Tour is a Full Day tour where you can experience the wonders of Johannesburg, Soweto and the Apartheid Museum amongst others…
Price: R1100.00 per person (All entrance fees included. Drinks at own cost)
Minimum: 4 (Four) People
Duration: Full day
*Pick up from some of the areas may have a once off pick up fee.*
This is a popular 3 in 1 tour which enables the tourist to learn and experience Johannesburg and surrounding in one day.
- Pick up and drop off at the Hotel or at an arranged point
- City drive through
- Stop at Carlton Centre and visit panoramic 50th floor to see a 360-degree view of Joburg
- Soccer city (stop for photos)
- Drive past Baragwanath hospital which is the biggest hospital in the southern hemisphere.
- We then make a stop at Kliptown shanty town(informal settlement) and here you are going to do a short with a local resident who will share the story about the way of life and the challenges they are facing daily.
- Regina Mundi Church
- Stop at Hector Pietersen Museum and get an orientation about 1976 student uprising (we do not enter the museum due to the long program and some of the highlights of this museum will be seen at the Apartheid museum)
- Mandela House museum tour (entrance fee included)
- Vilakazi Street ( the only street in the world that has produced two Nobel Peace Prize Winners i.e Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu)
- We then make a stop for lunch at Chaf Pozi Restaurant (chesa nyama/barbeque) as the first option or Restaurant Vilakazi (a la carte menu) or as a third option, Sakhumzi Restaurant (buffet menu).
- Apartheid museum tour
- End of tour