Visit World famous Landmarks such as the Baragwanath Precinct, the Hector Pietersen Museum and the Mandela House Museum… Please see the details regarding the Soweto Half Day Tour below:
Price: R650.00 per person (All entrance fees included)
Minimum: 4 (Four) people on the tour
Duration: Half Day/4-6 Hours
Pick up from some of the areas may have a once-off pick up fee.
- Pick up at a hotel or arranged point
- Soccer City
- We make our first stop at Soccer City and stop for photos. Enter Soweto via Diepkloof Ext which is upmarket in Soweto and some of the houses can cost in the millions
- Drive past Diepkloof hostel which has been transformed from migrant labor accommodation to informal family accommodation.
- Drive past Baragwanath hospital which is the biggest hospital in the southern hemisphere.
- We then drive past Orlando Towers which is now the landmark of Soweto. See the biggest shopping mall in Soweto Maponya mall on the way to Kliptown
- We then make a stop at Kliptown shanty town(informal settlement) and here you are going to do a short with a local resident who will share the story about the way of life and the challenges they are facing daily.
- Make a stop at the site where 13-year-old boy Hector Pieterson was shot and killed by the police on 16 June 1976
- Hector Pieterson Museum Tour
- Here we visit this fascinating museum, which is the state of the art multimedia center depicting scenes leading up to the students uprising of 1976 and the eventual transition to democracy in South Africa
- Mandela House Museum Tour (entrance fee included)
- We stop for a tour at this newly revamped Mandela house which is filled with many interesting memorabilia pertaining to the South African liberation icon. Take a walk down Vilakazi Street to see Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s house. Vilakazi Street is the only street in the world that has produced two Nobel Peace Prize winners (Nelson Mandela & Desmond Tutu)
- Depart Soweto – Tourists depart Soweto with lots of information about our culture and history
Visit World famous Landmarks such as the Baragwanath Precinct, the Hector Pietersen Museum and the Mandela House Museum…